Do you use the internet from AT&T and your internet is so slow? If yes, then, you are in the right place in this article we are going to discuss Why att internet is so slow and how you can improve the att internet speed?
Why AT&T internet is so slow?
Some of the basic reasons behind ATT’s slow internet are Bandwidth Restriction, Faulty routers, low-performing devices, Internet plans and many more. So, let us discuss these issues in a detailed manner:
ATT can apply bandwidth restriction because of the following reasons. So, read these reasons carefully and try to understand is this your issue.
More to Read:
It’s Peak Hour:
Often AT&T use to restrict the bandwidth consumption when there is high demand in your locality. The speed you will get is 1/4 of the sanctioned plan. For example: If have a plan of 100mbps, then, you will get a speed of 25mbps.
If you subscribed for a 100GB per month plan and the whole bandwidth has been used by you. Then, ATT will decrease your speed from 100mbps to 2mbps.
Lots of Connected Devices:
I have a 100mbps bandwidth internet from ATT and a connected device. Then, the bandwidth speed I get is 100mbps.
I have a 100mbps bandwidth from ATT and 5 connected devices. Then, we get on an average speed of 20mbps.
When I use the internet from ATT in both scenarios, I must say the internet speed we get in the first case is must faster in comparison with the second scenario. This may reason behind “why is my att internet so slow?”
I am a blogger and I create content by curating information across different web pages. This Content curation lets me open more than 5 web pages every time I create content.
This multitasking lets me open and consumes lots of RAM. This high consumption of RAM decreases the performance of the computer. This eventually led me to a slow device and a slow ATT internet.
If you get slow internet or no internet. If there is no internet there is a high probability that your Router is faulty. In this case, please restart the router and if you are getting slow internet after restarting then call AT&T support and ask for an exchange from them.
Is there any wall between you and your router? If yes, then, this is most probable that you are getting slow because of the wall.
AT&T Internet Outage:
There might be an internet outage in your area that may create an internet issue for you. This is also the prominent reason that lets you to not get good speed internet.
How to Resolve Slow internet issues of ATT?
In this section of this article, we will try to learn the methods that can help us to resolve the slow internet of AT&T. Some of these techniques can helps to bring solutions are listed below:
- Restart your Wi-Fi gateway every couple of weeks.
- Turn off or disconnect devices you’re not using.
- Move Wi-Fi devices closer to your gateway.
- Add a Wi-Fi extender to strengthen and expand your coverage.
- Try using wired connections when you stream, game, and video conference.
- Place your Wi-Fi gateway in a central location away from obstructions.
- Reboot devices regularly to clear system errors.
- Exit streaming apps after watching videos or listening to music.
- Set auto-updates on apps, gaming consoles, and PCs to run when your network isn’t busy.
- Update anti-virus programs, drivers, firmware, and computer and device software.
- Replace older Wi-Fi devices with newer, faster technology.
More to Read: