Do Your Comcast internet slow all of a Sudden?
If yes, then, you are in the place as in this article, we are going to explore the solution and cause that let my Comcast Internet so slow all of a Sudden.
In our previous articles, we have talked about the cause and cure of slow internet of spectrum internet and the cause and cure of slow internet of ATT internet.
So, let’s start the detailed discussion on this:
What is Comcast Internet?
Comcast internet is a parent company of Xfinity internet. Under the branding of Xfinity, Comcast use to offer DTH(TV), Ethernet and wifi cables, and telephone service to the public of the USA.
Xfinity used to offer internet speed from 15 Mbps to industry-leading 2-gigs (2,000 Mbps). So no matter what, we’ve got the speed and plan that’ll work for you.
Factors that affect your speed
There are lots of factors that use to affect the speed of your Comcast internet. Some of these factors are listed below:
You may have more than you think! Today, devices can be anything from your smartphone and laptop to home security cameras or a smart thermostat.
Email and Web browsing take up less of your speed than power usage, like online multiplayer gaming and heavy HD streaming.
Up-to-date equipment placed in the right spot can help performance. Choose Comcast internet xFi Gateway (a modem and router in one) at checkout to get free upgrades and simple placement tips.
Why is my Comcast Internet so slow all of a Sudden?
There are lots of reasons that let a slow internet all of a Sudden. Some of these reasons and how you can cure them are listed below:
Comcast Internet can apply bandwidth restrictions because of the following reasons. So, read these reasons carefully and try to understand is this your issue.
More to Read:
- What is protection against internet hoaxes?
- How to slap someone through the internet?
- Want to Disable Samsung Internet? – Here’s Simplest Way
It’s Peak Hour:
Often Comcast Internet uses to restrict bandwidth consumption when there is high demand in your locality. The speed you will get is 1/4 of the sanctioned plan. For example: If have a plan of 100mbps, then, you will get a speed of 25mbps.
If you subscribed for a 100GB per month plan and the whole bandwidth has been used by you. Then, Comcast Internet will decrease your speed from 100mbps to 2mbps.
If you get slow internet or no internet. If there is no internet there is a high probability that your Router is faulty. In this case, please restart the router and if you are getting slow internet after restarting then call Comcast Internet support and ask for an exchange from them.
Is there any wall between you and your router? If yes, then, this is most probable that you are getting slow because of the wall.
Comcast Internet Internet Outage:
There might be an internet outage in your area that may create an internet issue for you. This is also the prominent reason that lets you not get good speed internet.
Resolve: Why is my Comcast Internet so slow all of a Sudden?
In this section of this article, we will try to learn the methods that can help us to resolve the slow internet of Comcast Internet. Some of these techniques that can help to bring solutions are listed below:
- Restart your Wi-Fi gateway every couple of weeks.
- Turn off or disconnect devices you’re not using.
- Move Wi-Fi devices closer to your gateway.
- Add a Wi-Fi extender to strengthen and expand your coverage.
- Try using wired connections when you stream, game, and video conference.
- Place your Wi-Fi gateway in a central location away from obstructions.
- Reboot devices regularly to clear system errors.
- Exit streaming apps after watching videos or listening to music.
- Set auto-updates on apps, gaming consoles, and PCs to run when your network isn’t busy.
- Update anti-virus programs, drivers, firmware, and computer and device software.
- Replace older Wi-Fi devices with newer, faster technology.